Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 5: Mouse at the Table

Ah, Day 5. I remember you fondly, because it was our "sleep in" day. Instead of waking up early and hustling to a park, we would have a leisurely morning, and a delicious breakfast at Chef Mickey's, in the Contemporary Resort.

The cool thing about Chef Mickey's is that it's a character breakfast, so while you eat your Mickey-shaped waffles, characters come to your table to say hi and pose for pictures. Chef Mickey's has the old school Disney gang: Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, and the man himself, Mickey Mouse. What a great way to relax, and meet the characters in style!

Now, any parent of small children will probably agree that meal times can be...somewhat less than relaxing: cutting food, answering questions, refilling drinks, getting new food, assuring each child that their sibling does NOT have something better on their plate, and of course, trying to get a bite of your own breakfast into your mouth. Add five roaming characters into that mix, and you have your answer as to why I only ended up taking one photo:



In fact, I came back from my first pass at the buffet to find that the Big Cheese had already been there! And I missed it! What you can't see in this photo is the "paparazzi gallery" consisting of my parents, my brother, and my husband. Though my own camera skills failed, we have LOTS of video documentation.

After breakfast, we took a spin on the monorail, then headed over to Downtown Disney for a little bit of shopping. One of the fun things about DD is the Lego store, and it's larger than life Lego sculptures. Molly, my little dog lover, found the lifesized Lego dog statues to be particularly captivating:




Finally, we had made reservations at a restaurant called DINOSAUR for later in the week, and Ted took Griffin over to check it out:







No comments: