Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Dog, the Kleptomaniac

It's true. Our dog is a kleptomaniac, and I'm so ashamed!

We've all been loving the gorgeous warm weather, but my husband noticed something strange. As the snow melted, our yard began to look like the scene of a grisly homicide, or a meat processing plant.

Our dog has been systematically stealing bones from the Dobermans across the street, who are behind an invisible fence and unable to retaliate. Meanie!




My husband stopped counting at 31 bones. We also found 3 stuffed animals, a hat and a glove. I don't know what to do. Do I give them back? Do I throw them away? Do I bury them in a sandbox and let my son play "paleontologist"?

Awkward. Sorry, Dobermans.




1 comment:

Naomi said...

hahaha that's awesome! Our dogs are fenced in otherwise I'm sure there would be problems here too. The Dobermans and their owners must be like I swear there was a brand new bone here yesterday...