Thursday, July 30, 2009

Farts R Us

In my continuing effort to provide my children with a highbrow sense
of humor, I have opened a door. It started innocently enough.

We all know how much Iove my iPhone. One of the first apps I
downloaded from the App Store was called "whoopie cushion". Much like
it sounds, a little box with a pink whoopie cushion icon appeared on
my phone. Every time you push the button,my phone emits a different
"fart" sound. You know who loves fart sounds ( besides me, of course)?
My three year old!

Yes, Griffin and I spent a solid 10 minutes giggling over the various
sounds coming out of my phone. He enjoyed it enough to start asking
for it by name: "Mommy, can I play the fart game?"

Today, while in the dollar store, I found something even better: a
real whoopie cushion! I brought it home to show my son the real thing.
He spent most of the evening blowing up and "deflating" the whoopie
cushion, much to our mutual delight.

Sometimes, there's nothing as funny as a good old fashioned fart joke.

No comments: