Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring Coats and Pillows

This is the label I put on our "seasonal outerwear" bin when I packed it up in November. Sure enough, when I opened it up, I was met with 5 puffy throw pillows heaped on top of our spring raincoats.

Why would I do that? I honestly can't say. Sometimes I look back on decisions I've made, particularly hazy, post partum decisions, and see no clear reasoning other than "it seemed like a good idea at the time."

Now I'm stuck finding a hiding place for all these pillows, on top of packing up all of our winter things. Finally, Vermont weather seems to have committed itself to spring, so it's safe to say goodbye to winter boots and coats and hats and scarves. Gloves will stick around, as our son has decided they are a key fashion staple, and a welcome addition to any outfit, but the rest of it will go back into storage. Hip hip hooray, and don't let the beach ball hit you on the way out.

Happy May Day!

No comments: